Since trying Banana Jack from Element Teas I have been on the hunt for a really good banana flavored tea. When I saw that Frank had released this tea I snapped it up because I knew I would not be disappointed. I was right!

The banana flavoring is spot on. There is no fake candy flavor or funky aftertaste that is common in a lot of banana flavored teas. And while I am not a fan of coconut in real banana pudding, it works in this tea. I was worried that the coconut might overshadow the banana because there were some big pieces of dried coconut in my infuser basket, but happily it plays a supporting role. I think it also helps lend a creamy taste to the tea.

I can already tell this is going to be one of my favorite teas this summer. I’m looking forward to trying it iced and sweetened with simple syrup. This might also make its way on to my Memorial Day picnic menu. I’ll serve a basic black tea and then have this as a sweet tea option. Something tells me it’ll be a hit.