drank Genmaicha by Zen Tea

I had a sudden craving for Genmaicha, so I went digging through my samples until I came out with this. I love the samples Zen Tea throws in when you place an order, and I really love that they’re in foil lined pouches. It makes it easy to tuck them away until I can fully enjoy them.

This is a very good Genmaicha. The savory toasted rice flavor is wonderfully strong. The green tea gives a grssy note and a sweet finish to the sip. The tea also resteeps very well. My second steep gave me a cup that had less of a toasted rice flavor, but the toastiness and the grassy notes from the green tea seemed to blend much more. Even though both steeps were good I enjoyed the second one even more than the first.

Genmaicha is something I only drink on occasion, but when I want it I really really want it! I’ll put the rest of my sample away to be enjoyed the next time a craving strikes.