My daughter has perfected the art of sleeping ‘til noon, so when she woke up and asked for breakfast at lunchtime I thought I’d join her. I settled on bacon, toast, homemade fig jam, and this tea. This is such a good Irish Breakfast tea. Robust and strong. Lots of malty notes, but not at all bitter. I added cream and sugar and enjoyed thoroughly.

JustJames

breakfast is awesome for any and all meals.

Stephanie

Agreed JustJames! Also, homemade fig jam sounds awesome! Do you have a fig tree Veronica?

Veronica

I don’t, but my grandpa does. He knows I love figs, so he ships them to me every year. Some years I get 2 lbs, and some years I get 10+ lbs. This was a 10+ lb. year. :)

Veronica

And JustJames you are so very right. Lunch was great!

Stephanie

Awesome! Fresh figs are the best!

JustJames

my sister has this huge tree covered with them. she chucks them out because she doesn’t like them!!! i love fresh figs… they’re like a buck fifty per in stores right now!!! i may never recover!

Veronica

Throws them out! … I think my heart stopped for a moment. My grandpa has chefs from New Orleans, which is over an hour away from him, come out and pick figs at his place. Seriously, there’s money to be made in figs. Tell her to look into having someone who owns a stand at the local farmer’s market come out and pick them and then split the profits. Tell her angels cry when figs are thrown away!!! ;)

gmathis

I feel deprived. I have never had a fig that wasn’t Newton-ed.

JustJames

oh, i have mentioned it. literally a fortune to be made from that tree! she’s not motivated though. so the birds eat them or they wind up in the compost.

i can’t prove it, but i swear fresh figs hold medicinal value. but i am predominantly irish…. could just be superstition, lol.

Comments

JustJames

breakfast is awesome for any and all meals.

Veronica

And JustJames you are so very right. Lunch was great!

Stephanie

Awesome! Fresh figs are the best!

gmathis

I feel deprived. I have never had a fig that wasn’t Newton-ed.

- Whispering Pines Tea Company
- Zen Tea Life
- Harney and Sons
- 52 Teas
- Teavivre

My Rating System:

84-75 = They’re good teas and I enjoy drinking them on occasion.

74-65 = These teas are ok, but not really my thing.

64-55 = meh.

54-45 = I will if I have no other option.

44 and below = Coffee, please.

New Jersey, USA