drank Himalayan Splendor by Teavana

I am too tired to do this tasting note justice, but I wanted to enter something while my this tea is still on my mind.

This is a sample from the traveling tea box. I thought I had made my way through all of teas I had pulled from there, but I found this in the bottom of my sample drawer while I was reorganizing. Oops! I was already in the mood for an unflavored black, so I went ahead and brewed it up.

This is my first tea from Nepal, and I have to say I’m impressed. It’s so much like a Darjeeling, but it’s more. The tea brews into a pale copper color and has an aroma of clean, dry hay. The initial sip is grassy followed by a beautiful fruity floral note. The astringency is moderate and pleasant. I actually said something like, “Oh! Wow!” after I took my first sip. It’s so good. The second steep was just as lovely as the first, and I’m hoping to get a third steeping from the leaves tomorrow.

I know Teavana discontinued this tea, but I will be on the lookout for other teas from Nepal. Hopefully they will be as good because I am loving this tea.