The first of my Della Terra orders arrived yesterday. While most of the teas will be Christmas gifts I thought I’d open this one to share with my daughter since it’s one of her favorites.

Well, I have to say we were both disappointed. The tea has little to no flavor. The smell is there while it’s steeping, but there’s only a vague hint of spice and cookie in the infusion. If I had been drinking this by myself I would have chalked it up to being sick, but my daughter’s face fell after the second sip. She let the tea cool some, and it was no better. One of the main reasons she and I love Della Terra is that their flavored teas a full of flavor, so this was a bummer.

I’m hoping this was a fluke and that the rest of the bag will be the awesomeness we’ve come to love from Della Terra.

Tea Sipper

I’ve recently thought maybe I should use more leaves for Della Terra’s teas.. their black teas can never get astringent anyway.

Veronica

Yeah, that’s what we’re going to try next. My daughter made herself another cup of this using a perfect teaspoon to measure the leaves and she said it still had very little flavor. Maybe with more leaves we’ll find that perfect cup.

Comments

Tea Sipper

Veronica

Tea obsessed since 2010.

Some of my favorite tea companies are:

- Whispering Pines Tea Company
- Single Origin Teas
- Zen Tea Life
- Harney and Sons
- 52 Teas
- Teavivre

My Rating System:

84-75 = They’re good teas and I enjoy drinking them on occasion.

74-65 = These teas are ok, but not really my thing.

64-55 = meh.

54-45 = I will if I have no other option.

44 and below = Coffee, please.

New Jersey, USA