drank Lemon Rose Bud by Fusion Teas

This is a lovely oolong.

The dry leaves are pretty. Tightly rolled tea leaves and adorable rose buds. The dry leaves smell strongly of lemon. The floral scent form the rose is there, but it’s barely detectable.

Once infused the floral scent becomes much more prominent. Really nice. The taste is a mix of lemon and floral – not rose necessarily – with an almost buttery flavor from the oolong. I’m not getting any ginger, but to be honest I’m glad. I think the ginger would detract from the tea. It’s so delicate, light, and flavorful.

For the second infusion I added some sugar to my cup, and it tasted just like my great grandmother’s lemonade. She would add rose water to her lemonade right before serving it, and to this day it is the best lemonade I’ve ever had. The sugar heightens both the lemon and rose flavor, but it does hide the flavor of the oolong. Still, as a summertime treat I think this would be spectacular iced.

I’m already wishing I had bought more than a sample size of this one. It’s a keeper.