I am planning a tea party for a ladies’ group that I belong to, and one of the sweet ladies there gave me a bag of this tea telling me it is her favorite “company tea” and that she would love to have it served at the party. I told her I adore a good Moroccan Mint, so I’d give it a try and then see about adding it to the tea list. I mean how in the world do I say no to that?

So today after lunch I decided to give this tea a try. It’s a bagged tea which didn’t bother me, but the directions for steeping say to pour boiling water over the bag and allow to steep for five minutes. It’s not in me to pour boiling water over sencha. I can’t see how the tea could be anything but a bitter mess, so I lowered the water temp and steeped it for two minutes. The result? Not bad! It was nice and minty, but I could definitely taste the green tea which was a little vegetal and grassy. For a bagged tea I actually think this is pretty good, and I’m glad I got the chance to try it.

Looks like this will be making an appearance at the party.

Nicole

Yay! A tea party! :)

Veronica

Yeah, I’m looking forward to it. My only concern is there will be almost 30 people there. That’s a lot of tea and and treats!

OMGsrsly

Have fun! :)

Comments

Nicole

Yay! A tea party! :)

- Harney and Sons
- 52 Teas
- Teavivre

My Rating System:

84-75 = They’re good teas and I enjoy drinking them on occasion.

74-65 = These teas are ok, but not really my thing.

64-55 = meh.

54-45 = I will if I have no other option.

44 and below = Coffee, please.

New Jersey, USA