drank Pu Erh Poe by Adagio Teas

One of the reviewers said that this was like a beginner’s pu erh for people who can’t take the real thing, or some such. Yeesh- that makes me a tad nervous.

So, I leaned into my cup nose first, and – ooo hoo! Mushrooms? No- hay or straw.

An old bog.

The wet guinea pig cage from Mr. Padva’s 3rd grade classroom.

This stuff is dark as coffee in the cup. On the spoon, its a pretty, darkish/reddish liquid. Not nasty tasting, as I feared. It’s almost like when you taste limburger and are pleasantly surprised- although this is nowhere as strong or off-putting as limburger. It’s got a strong flavor that is unsweet in the manner of unsweetened cocoa. I don’t really want to say bitter, though.

I may one day try it sweetened, though that would seem to defeat the purpose of pu erh- it’s supposed to taste like…this (my tea vocabulary is lacking). Until I get accustomed to it, I won’t add anything.

I can definitely come to appreciate THIS pu erh – but it’ll take a few brewings.

SimpliciTEA

“The wet guinea pig cage from Mr. Padva’s 3rd grade classroom.” How funny!

K S

I just read this review. I laughed out loud. Good stuff! Go ahead and add the sweetener. I do and it works well.

Comments

SimpliciTEA

“The wet guinea pig cage from Mr. Padva’s 3rd grade classroom.” How funny!

K S

Uselessly overeducated, bored travel agent for whom teas are a blessed escape. I switched to tea after a lifetime of Pepsi addiction and haven’t looked back.

Las Vegas, NV