Subtle perfume of jasmine. I found this to be kind of delicate and vegetal without a pronounced mouthfeel. The dry pearls have a strong, grassy/vegetal aroma with a background aroma that- crazy as it sounds- almost reminded me of coffee or cocoa. I didn’t expect that. I’ll have to read other reviews to see if I’m the only one with this impression.

In comparison, when I take in the aroma of Teavana’s jasmine pearls, I don’t get that background aroma at all, and get a sharper aroma that is both “green” and jasminy. The jasmine scent is of a different quality as well- as if a different type of jasmine were used or maybe a different scenting method.

Both teas are fine- I enjoy them greatly. It was important for me to try Teavivre;s after trying Teavana’s because I felt I might get a more authentic jasmine dragon pearl. When I think of Teavana I think of cloyingly sweet teas, and I wondered if they might make the jasmine scent stronger in keeping with this reputation. I would definitely say Teavana’s jasmine scent is stronger than Teavivre’s jasmine.

Which do I like most? I’d drink either, but I like Teavivre’s subtle flavor and aroma better, I think.

Uselessly overeducated, bored travel agent for whom teas are a blessed escape. I switched to tea after a lifetime of Pepsi addiction and haven’t looked back.

Las Vegas, NV