I just got my tea order from 52teas/mysweethoneybush today (Only a few days after placing! Awesome!). I opted to give this one a try first. The dry leaves had a coconut odor, that was pleasant and not to overpowering. I put a tablespoon into a tea bag and covered it with boiling water. The smell as it was brewing was pretty tasty. I think I could get a hint of the cheesecake in the brew. I left the room it was brewing in to go find the travel lid to my cup. When I returned, WOW, could I smell the coconut. I’m not a huge fan of coconut by itself, but I love it in other things.
I took my first sip without any additions. The tea had a pleasant taste with a coconut-y aftertaste. I like my tea sweet so I added some honey….to much honey. I had to add more boiling water and steep the tea a little longer.
Once that was done, it was a pretty tasty cup.
I think I am just all tea-ed out today, because I am on my 5th cup…..for that reason I am going to with-hold judgement until my next cup.

I am on a quest to try 175 teas in the next 366 days (yay leap year!) and review them all on steepster as well as in my blog. If you would like to help me out by sending a sample or two, send me a message!

My Ratings:
90-100 My Favorites! Keep in cupboard always.
70-89 Pretty Good! Would not mind drinking, would not mind having
40-69 Various levels of drinkable, would not buy again, but if it was given to me, I’d accept it.
20-39 Might be able to choke it down, many shortcomings, trade it away!
1-19 Gross. Pour it down the sink. Flush it. Give it away. Just get rid of it.

Chico, California, United States