Just got my IngenuiTea pot in the mail yesterday, and decided to give it a try. The lucky first tea…..Buttered Rum.
It smells sooooooo good. Took a sip. I can tell it is a little over steeped. I should have been patient and let the water cool a little. And not have brewed as long. I think three minutes would have been good. Slightly bitter. But I can tell under the bitterness is a very tasty tea. A little spicy, a little coconut, a little sweet.
Since this is based on rum, I added brown sugar and since when I think of buttered rum I think of the worlds most tasty creamy fattening beverage…..I added some milk. I cannot fully trust my flavor judgement right now as my nose is stuffed up and my taste buds seem wonky.
Will definitely try this again once I am healthy, but for now, I will enjoy it as a mediocre cup with a lot of potential. I will not rate until things are right in my nose and throat.

I am on a quest to try 175 teas in the next 366 days (yay leap year!) and review them all on steepster as well as in my blog. If you would like to help me out by sending a sample or two, send me a message!

My Ratings:
90-100 My Favorites! Keep in cupboard always.
70-89 Pretty Good! Would not mind drinking, would not mind having
40-69 Various levels of drinkable, would not buy again, but if it was given to me, I’d accept it.
20-39 Might be able to choke it down, many shortcomings, trade it away!
1-19 Gross. Pour it down the sink. Flush it. Give it away. Just get rid of it.

Chico, California, United States