This very rich Langhe mini is called “Chen Xiang,” meaning tangerine flavored. I can’t tell. What I can notice, however, is that it is a solid quality pu-er, very rich tasting that takes about 40oz of water to be become cashed. The cha-qi is in the 7 range, on a scale to 10.

This mini has a certain fullness that isn’t usually the case with minis. It’s an excellent product for those seeking to expand their pu-er repertoire, despite the absence of any tangerine flavor. Feels really good going down, especially on chilly days.

sansnipple

Pretty sure Chen Xiang means “aged aroma”, nothing to do with tangerines.

Yang-chu

you know you’re probably right, “陈” refers to both old and tangerine and being an herbalist, I just assumed that the chen was referring to the latter.
just looked it up and "’Chen Xiang’ (陈香) means ‘the smells that develop with ageing’. "
When I’ve seen other chen described cakes I never associated it with tangerine, but I must have been trippin’ in this case. Very good cake all the same. Thanks for the correction.

Comments

sansnipple

Pretty sure Chen Xiang means “aged aroma”, nothing to do with tangerines.

Yang-chu

I’ve been drinking Chinese tea since the early 90s when I was a student in at Peking University.
Being most fond of Yunnan, though I did fancy Guizhou on my last visit in ‘13, I’ve focused my attention on pu’ers, ripe and raw.
I love all of the artistry that surrounds this powerful leaf.

Los Angeles