This is a very, very good tea. This one we tasted before purchasing and my wife was insistent on buying a cake. Sorry I didn’t get the chance to put the picture up, as it has a decent wrapper. Maybe later, I’ll figure that out.

I’ve drunk this several times. Only one time did I errantly steep incorrectly, i.e., too long, which produced a bitter an unremarkable brew.

Now to the brew done right. The times were 15s/15s/15s/15s/30s/1m.

Round #1: The potent cha-qi is evident immediately. Long-jing notes, floral and round in the mouth, hints of black pepper and citrus. Touch of tannin which is a nice compliment.

Round#2: More of the Long-jing taste, less floral immediate taste but more floral huigan.

Round #3: Sweeter and sweeter.

Round #4: Sweeter still.

Round #5: The liquor grows lighter caste, though never is it intense. Don’t let that deceive you. Pleasant citrus aroma, with a taste of lime. Mild tannins. Still floral. The huigan is outstanding. Just waiting a minute or two and you notice your mouth feels full of flowers, polite sweet flowers, not bawdily unctuous like jasmine or tinged with a bitterness like rose. Flowers I can’t place.

Round #6: Blend of sweetness and mellow tannins, floral finish that just stays and stays.

Flavors: Flowers, Lemon Zest, Peppercorn

mrmopar

Glad I am not the only one that gets the peppercorn taste notes in puerh. Yum jingmai has some nice tea coming from it.

Yang-chu

I notice it more in a variety of Moonlight White that I have, the pepper taste.

Comments

mrmopar

Yang-chu

I notice it more in a variety of Moonlight White that I have, the pepper taste.

I’ve been drinking Chinese tea since the early 90s when I was a student in at Peking University.
Being most fond of Yunnan, though I did fancy Guizhou on my last visit in ‘13, I’ve focused my attention on pu’ers, ripe and raw.
I love all of the artistry that surrounds this powerful leaf.

Los Angeles