Just loved the name on this tea so had to buy some.
Smells very fruity, it’s the dominant smell by far

Taste is something of a let down. I steeped for a minute and 15sec and the color is very pale. The taste is faint and washed out. I’m disappointed because I’m a big fan of everything that’s in this tea, but it’s just not doing it for me. :(

I’ll try some different tricks in the future to try and get some flavor out of this but for now my rating isn’t going to be the best on this. Such a letdown after trying the Ontario Icewine from the same company yesterday!

Alphakitty

Maybe it needs a longer steep?

T.C.

I’m going to try that next time. I’m so used to greens not needing more then a minute….thought I was pushing it going to 1:15. Time will tell(pun intended)

New Mexico Tea Company

I would definitely recommend steeping it for longer. Our recommended time is 2 min. But you are right, you dont want to over-do it, or it will become bitter. Also make sure the water temperature is correct for a longer steep. (170 degrees)

Thanks for the comment.
I bought a Bonavita Variable Temperature Electric I use for all my teas that is accurate within 1% of temperature. I have 5 presets I use for different kinds of teas so I know I’m pegging 175 when I pour.

I’ll certainly give it 2 minutes next time I taste it to see how it reacts.

Comments

Alphakitty

Maybe it needs a longer steep?

New Mexico Tea Company

Thanks for the comment.

I’ll certainly give it 2 minutes next time I taste it to see how it reacts.

Passionate about the outdoors. Love to hike and backpack. Detest coffee, wine, & cigarettes. Only become addicted to tea this last year. I’m a 100% loose leaf guy. I mainly enjoy greens, whites, & oolongs (along with rooibos and honeybush).

Tacoma, WA