drank The garden of stones by Basilur Tea

I’ve been going so crazy with flavored tea recently I just had the urge for some nice normal green tea tonight! (yeah, I know, who craves green tea at midnight?)
Anyway, big sample of this via Kasumi no Chajin (my green tea lifeline).

Smells real grassy, lighter golden liqueur.
First sip? Hmmmm….I’m not sure. I may have steeped this too short. Though that’s still much preferable to leaving it too long. No bitterness, but light on flavor. I keep going back for sip after sip trying to place the flavor. It HAS flavor (though light) but I can’t place it. It doesn’t taste grassy, or smokey, or bitter. It’s smooth and mellow with something. But damned if I can name the something.
Still trying to decide how I want to rate this guy so I’ll ramble on for a few more sentences while I brew up my 2nd steep. It does have the “shredded” leaves that I hate so much. Probably mechanically picked (blah!). Ok, final guess for me is it’s fine in a pinch but nothing to rush out and try.

Alphakitty

What a gorgeous name for a tea!

T.C.

Let me know if you want to try it. Not sure it’s anything I’ll run back to.

Kasumi no Chajin

I crave genmai at midnight most nights?….

Alphakitty

Hmm yeah, I’d definitely be interested in a sample of this if you’d like to swap. Shoot me a pm!

Comments

Alphakitty

What a gorgeous name for a tea!

T.C.

Let me know if you want to try it. Not sure it’s anything I’ll run back to.

Kasumi no Chajin

I crave genmai at midnight most nights?….

Alphakitty

Passionate about the outdoors. Love to hike and backpack. Detest coffee, wine, & cigarettes. Only become addicted to tea this last year. I’m a 100% loose leaf guy. I mainly enjoy greens, whites, & oolongs (along with rooibos and honeybush).

Tacoma, WA