drank Mom's Apple Pie by DAVIDsTEA

Thank you Darby for this tea !

This is my first David’s tea and I was a little curious to know how apples and cinnamon would work on a green tea base.

It works perfectly well, I can get every flavor : the crisp of the pie, the cinnamon, the apples. It it really yummy.

As a French, I have to confess the apple pie is not a childhood reference for me. For apple cake reference,we are more on tarte tatin or simple tarte aux pommes here – and there is no cinnamon in Tarte Tatin and sometimes but rarely in a Tarte aux pommes.
So none nostalgia about the Mom’s cake (however my Mom was and is still a awful pastry cooker ! She makes nice salted meals but not desserts at all)

I appreciate the pastry taste of this tea, it is not only an heavy apple & cinnamon flavors.

The thing I liked less with this blend is the tea itself, I cannot really get the tea base.
To me it tastes more like a tisane than a tea. The good point is there is no astringency, no bitterness at all but I would have loved to get the tea base more present.

Despite this point, I really liked it but it seems this blend is discontinued ?

TheTeaFairy

Lots of DT are seasonal, but sometimes, they come back the next season…if they are very popular, they make the permanent collection. This one in my opinion was not worthy to stay, I agree with your comment, you can’t taste the base tea and it wasn’t even close to the traditional tarte aux pommes! For me, not very interesting, but it’s always nice to try something new, right?

Ysaurella

absolutely ! I think this one is nice especially for the evening

momo

They have it online year round I think, but it might be sold out right now.

Comments

TheTeaFairy

Ysaurella

absolutely ! I think this one is nice especially for the evening

momo

They have it online year round I think, but it might be sold out right now.

First, please forgive me for my English and all the grammatical mistakes you’ll find in my posts.
As English isn’t my mother tongue it sometimes makes things more difficult to express cleverly and accurately what I feel.

I was mainly in black flavoured teas, green as well if not bitter.
I’m now drinking much straight teas because my palate is now developed enough to appreciate them .

My favourite brands are : Mariage Frères,Theodor,Butiki Teas,Dammann Frères, Betjeman & Barton.
My ratings are as follow :

100 to 95 : my darlings; always in my cupboard

94 to 90 : Excellent tea, often in my cupboard

89 to 80 : very good tea, a pleasure to drink it

79 to 70: not bad even nice, why not having it sometimes, but well, not so urgent !

69 to 50 : Meh, deceptive or just not for me – but has some qualities

49 to 30 : I just don’t appreciate it

Under 30 : is this tea ?!?!?

Paris, France