drank Tamarind Pop by Butiki Teas

I am not familiar with tamarind – this is not something we find easily in France (except probably at La Réunion or in the French Antilles) – so have nothing to compare with and no special expectations with the tamarind flavour of the tea.

The brewed liquor has a beautiful amber colour and the scent is fantastic.

I find the tea a little bit bitter to my taste and just a hint of sourness but it is pleasant even if I won’t add this one in my shopping list.

Despite its quality I think it is just maybe not a tea for me or maybe I won’t be a fan of tamarind if I ever have the chance to taste it.

Thank you Azzrian for the sample I am very glad to have had the opportunity to taste it.

Bonnie

You do need to sweeten this to enjoy the tea.

Ysaurella

Bonnie, unfortunately I sweeten it with brown crystal sugar and it didn’t work for me – I may be because I may not a fan of tamarind finally (I’ll know this for sure when I would eat tamarind first time in my life)

Comments

Bonnie

You do need to sweeten this to enjoy the tea.

Ysaurella

First, please forgive me for my English and all the grammatical mistakes you’ll find in my posts.
As English isn’t my mother tongue it sometimes makes things more difficult to express cleverly and accurately what I feel.

I was mainly in black flavoured teas, green as well if not bitter.
I’m now drinking much straight teas because my palate is now developed enough to appreciate them .

My favourite brands are : Mariage Frères,Theodor,Butiki Teas,Dammann Frères, Betjeman & Barton.
My ratings are as follow :

100 to 95 : my darlings; always in my cupboard

94 to 90 : Excellent tea, often in my cupboard

89 to 80 : very good tea, a pleasure to drink it

79 to 70: not bad even nice, why not having it sometimes, but well, not so urgent !

69 to 50 : Meh, deceptive or just not for me – but has some qualities

49 to 30 : I just don’t appreciate it

Under 30 : is this tea ?!?!?

My tea blog (in French)