My daughter asked me this morning to prepare an apple pie (the classic French one)so did I.
I was looking for a good tea companion for my tarte aux pommes…and remembered Azzrian shared this sample tea with me.
I remembered as well that I already prepared a cup of it 3 days ago and my daughter totally drinked it !

The blend is gorgeous, with big red apple pieces and caramel cubes.
The dry leaf scent is pleasant and I had high expectations.
Unfortunately I probably had too much candy apple teas and this one suffers the comparison.
It is a little bit too weak on the base, the apple taste is nice but I have difficulties to get the caramel flavour.

Anyway this is a pleasant tea but I do prefer Il était une fois Noël from Betjeman & Barton and Pomme d’Amour from Dammann Frères.

First, please forgive me for my English and all the grammatical mistakes you’ll find in my posts.
As English isn’t my mother tongue it sometimes makes things more difficult to express cleverly and accurately what I feel.

I was mainly in black flavoured teas, green as well if not bitter.
I’m now drinking much straight teas because my palate is now developed enough to appreciate them .

My favourite brands are : Mariage Frères,Theodor,Butiki Teas,Dammann Frères, Betjeman & Barton.
My ratings are as follow :

100 to 95 : my darlings; always in my cupboard

94 to 90 : Excellent tea, often in my cupboard

89 to 80 : very good tea, a pleasure to drink it

79 to 70: not bad even nice, why not having it sometimes, but well, not so urgent !

69 to 50 : Meh, deceptive or just not for me – but has some qualities

49 to 30 : I just don’t appreciate it

Under 30 : is this tea ?!?!?

My tea blog (in French)