I thank cteresa for sending a generous sample of Paul et Virginie.
Of course, the flavour, as the tea name is somehow very romantic : berries, caramel and vanilla.
No berries nor chunk of caramel in this tea, every flavour comes from essential oils here.

So different from St Pétersbourg from Kusmi teas with the same flavours…I am not a fan of St Petersbourg.
The tea base has a hint of astringency to me. It’s not an in your face flavoured black and the berries are the main flavour here – raspberry is very detectable as well as strawberry, less evident for cherry to me.
Caramel is far behind even if pleasantly present.
Not bad even quite nice but I think these kind od mix between fruits and caramel or fruits and chocolate are rarely for me.
Quite strange as a big fan of the cake “forêt noire”, I’m not seduced by the same with tea.

First, please forgive me for my English and all the grammatical mistakes you’ll find in my posts.
As English isn’t my mother tongue it sometimes makes things more difficult to express cleverly and accurately what I feel.

I was mainly in black flavoured teas, green as well if not bitter.
I’m now drinking much straight teas because my palate is now developed enough to appreciate them .

My favourite brands are : Mariage Frères,Theodor,Butiki Teas,Dammann Frères, Betjeman & Barton.
My ratings are as follow :

100 to 95 : my darlings; always in my cupboard

94 to 90 : Excellent tea, often in my cupboard

89 to 80 : very good tea, a pleasure to drink it

79 to 70: not bad even nice, why not having it sometimes, but well, not so urgent !

69 to 50 : Meh, deceptive or just not for me – but has some qualities

49 to 30 : I just don’t appreciate it

Under 30 : is this tea ?!?!?

My tea blog (in French)