drank Salted Caramel by DAVIDsTEA

Well, how to say that…it is a nice hot flavoured cup of water ?
It’s caramelly, not salty and I get coconut (which is nice as it is in the ingredient’s list !)
I am just wondering why DT added coconut or why did they not call the tea coconut salted caramel? When a brand decides to go for a descriptive name, why not telling exactly what it is ? In this case something like coconut salted caramel Tea-free !
It is very round and mellow – my daughter adores it- and I think I will leave the rest of the cup to her.
She asks me : why don’t you like it ?
My aswer is : because it’s not tea…sorry I cannot taste the TEA once and again with this brand.
Thank you TheTeaFairy for sharing even if I’m so sorry for not being able to appreciate the famous Canadian brand.
I’m sure I’ll find one I really like in the big swap you sent me.

Devilish

I think I have a sample of this in my cupboard too! But don’t think I am eager to try this… agree with you that DAVIDsTEAs generally do not taste like tea… and in my opinion adding coconut to a caramel tea just ruins it! :(

Fjellrev

Aww, DT isn’t for everything. Even I find they’re very hit or miss.

Ysaurella

I’ll continue exploring, as TheTeaFairy sent me many samples of DT but I am pretty sure I can find one I like

TheTeaFairy

Don’t feel bad Ysaurella, you have much better chances of finding something you like in the other brands I’ve sent! What you are describing is exactly the reason why I fell «out of love» from Davidstea. I hardly ever have their teas anymore, but I thought I’d give you a chance to try them and help you stop wondering what the fuss is all about since you are so far away from them! On the other hand, I’m glad your daughter likes them :-) I should be the one feeling bad for enjoying the French teas you have sent me while you are still trying to find one you like from mine :-(

Comments

Devilish

Fjellrev

Aww, DT isn’t for everything. Even I find they’re very hit or miss.

Ysaurella

TheTeaFairy

First, please forgive me for my English and all the grammatical mistakes you’ll find in my posts.
As English isn’t my mother tongue it sometimes makes things more difficult to express cleverly and accurately what I feel.

I was mainly in black flavoured teas, green as well if not bitter.
I’m now drinking much straight teas because my palate is now developed enough to appreciate them .

My favourite brands are : Mariage Frères,Theodor,Butiki Teas,Dammann Frères, Betjeman & Barton.
My ratings are as follow :

100 to 95 : my darlings; always in my cupboard

94 to 90 : Excellent tea, often in my cupboard

89 to 80 : very good tea, a pleasure to drink it

79 to 70: not bad even nice, why not having it sometimes, but well, not so urgent !

69 to 50 : Meh, deceptive or just not for me – but has some qualities

49 to 30 : I just don’t appreciate it

Under 30 : is this tea ?!?!?

My tea blog (in French)