drank Tourbillon by Dammann Freres

The dry leaves smell exactly like Luxury of Betjeman & Barton.
They share 2 ingredients : chestnut and China black tea base and are belonging to the same tea group.
I definitively smell chestnut in this tea and the same “perfumed” oil I got with Luxury, but less heavy,for the best.

Tourbillon is much complex : I can get candied chestnut for sure, this is the main guest here. But candied apricot is there too.
The brand argues there is toffee as well and orange blossom.
To me orange blossom is present only on the aftertaste and really lingerates along with candied chestnut.I am not able to detect toffee in this blend.

The main impression with this tea is really good.There is no bitterness at all, it’s a sweet tea. But I’m not in love… because of the tea base, I find it too weak for the flavours of this tea.I’m pretty sure this is the same habitual DF tea base but I would have prefered a stronger one to welcome these rich flavours.
But this is a small reserve, it’s really a beautiful tea

Dinosara

I was curious about this one, I’m glad to read your review!

Comments

Dinosara

I was curious about this one, I’m glad to read your review!

First, please forgive me for my English and all the grammatical mistakes you’ll find in my posts.
As English isn’t my mother tongue it sometimes makes things more difficult to express cleverly and accurately what I feel.

I was mainly in black flavoured teas, green as well if not bitter.
I’m now drinking much straight teas because my palate is now developed enough to appreciate them .

My favourite brands are : Mariage Frères,Theodor,Butiki Teas,Dammann Frères, Betjeman & Barton.
My ratings are as follow :

100 to 95 : my darlings; always in my cupboard

94 to 90 : Excellent tea, often in my cupboard

89 to 80 : very good tea, a pleasure to drink it

79 to 70: not bad even nice, why not having it sometimes, but well, not so urgent !

69 to 50 : Meh, deceptive or just not for me – but has some qualities

49 to 30 : I just don’t appreciate it

Under 30 : is this tea ?!?!?

My tea blog (in French)