Profile: Liquor is a pale yellowish green. Aroma is mildly vegetal. Taste is mildly vegetal as well; fresh green beans with a hint of smokiness. Aftertaste is brief and clean. Mouthfeel is thin and slightly drying to the tongue, without any bitterness.

Other notes: One could compare it to Dragonwell, though it is thinner and without nuttiness. Also worth noting is that I detected no spiciness or sweetness, which is contrary to other reviews.

Verdict: An inoffensive cup, but not my preference. The complexity of flavors simply wasn’t there, and while it is bolder than some other Chinese greens, still too mild for me.

I am a college student who spends inordinate amounts of time on the internet while sipping tea and savoring fine chocolates. My tastes are more refined than my wallet can afford.

Loose leaf tea has been an indulgence of mine since 2006, beginning with samples from Adagio and Upton Imports. Prior to that point, I subsisted solely on supermarket sawdust. Nowadays, I tend towards Japanese sencha, Chinese oolongs, and Darjeeling blacks.

Aside from drinking tea, common activities include: psychology research, browsing Wikipedia and Reddit, PC gaming, watching anime, lurking in IRC, hiking in the wilderness, nature photography, reading science fiction and fantasy literature, and engaging in futile philosophical discussions.

Ratings:
90-100: Exceptional. Must have.
80-89: Great. Will drink regularly.
70-79: Good. Will drink again.
60-69: Above average. Will drink.
50-59: Average. Won’t drink again.
0-49: Bad, by varying degrees. Won’t drink.

I don’t inflate my scores, and I have no brand loyalty. Average is 50, not 70.

United States