drank Prince of Wales by Twinings

Profile: Liquor is a dark, coppery brown. Aroma is malt and wet leaves, like a combination between a pu-erh and Yunnan black. Taste is somewhat malty, with slight sweetness and the forest-floor earthiness of a Gunpowder green. Aftertaste is brief, but pleasant. Mouthfeel is smooth, with no astringency or bitterness.

Other notes: It is obvious that this is a blend, but the flavors mesh well with one another. Steeping is easy and very forgiving.

Verdict: Excellent for a bagged tea. I enjoyed the earthy sweetness and was surprised by the mellowness of the cup; it is light and refreshing compared to morning blends.

I am a college student who spends inordinate amounts of time on the internet while sipping tea and savoring fine chocolates. My tastes are more refined than my wallet can afford.

Loose leaf tea has been an indulgence of mine since 2006, beginning with samples from Adagio and Upton Imports. Prior to that point, I subsisted solely on supermarket sawdust. Nowadays, I tend towards Japanese sencha, Chinese oolongs, and Darjeeling blacks.

Aside from drinking tea, common activities include: psychology research, browsing Wikipedia and Reddit, PC gaming, watching anime, lurking in IRC, hiking in the wilderness, nature photography, reading science fiction and fantasy literature, and engaging in futile philosophical discussions.

Ratings:
90-100: Exceptional. Must have.
80-89: Great. Will drink regularly.
70-79: Good. Will drink again.
60-69: Above average. Will drink.
50-59: Average. Won’t drink again.
0-49: Bad, by varying degrees. Won’t drink.

I don’t inflate my scores, and I have no brand loyalty. Average is 50, not 70.

United States