drank Ceylon Orange Pekoe by Twinings

Profile: Liquor is a dark, coppery brown. Aroma is malty and citrusy. Taste is predominantly malt. Aftertaste is brief, but reveals mild sweetness. Mouthfeel is crisp, with light astringency and no bitterness.

Other notes: Some reviews complain about heavy bitterness or astringency. Don’t steep this for 5 minutes and expect a light cup.

Verdict: It is refreshing, but lacks character. If you want a malty, basic black tea, this is acceptable.

I am a college student who spends inordinate amounts of time on the internet while sipping tea and savoring fine chocolates. My tastes are more refined than my wallet can afford.

Loose leaf tea has been an indulgence of mine since 2006, beginning with samples from Adagio and Upton Imports. Prior to that point, I subsisted solely on supermarket sawdust. Nowadays, I tend towards Japanese sencha, Chinese oolongs, and Darjeeling blacks.

Aside from drinking tea, common activities include: psychology research, browsing Wikipedia and Reddit, PC gaming, watching anime, lurking in IRC, hiking in the wilderness, nature photography, reading science fiction and fantasy literature, and engaging in futile philosophical discussions.

Ratings:
90-100: Exceptional. Must have.
80-89: Great. Will drink regularly.
70-79: Good. Will drink again.
60-69: Above average. Will drink.
50-59: Average. Won’t drink again.
0-49: Bad, by varying degrees. Won’t drink.

I don’t inflate my scores, and I have no brand loyalty. Average is 50, not 70.

United States