drank Darjeeling by Twinings

Profile: Liquor is a dark, partially opaque brown. Aroma is malty and sweet. Taste is malty as well, but an overpowering bitterness masks any sweetness. Aftertaste is brief and unpleasant. Mouthfeel has an excessively astringent bite.

Other notes: The bitterness and astringency become progressively more dominant as the tea cools.

Verdict: This is a poor example of Darjeeling tea, without any of the characteristic fruitiness or muscatel notes. Instead of a pleasantly crisp bite, it is excessive and masks any flavor but malt. I will not drink this tea again, and I would advise steering clear of it.

I am a college student who spends inordinate amounts of time on the internet while sipping tea and savoring fine chocolates. My tastes are more refined than my wallet can afford.

Loose leaf tea has been an indulgence of mine since 2006, beginning with samples from Adagio and Upton Imports. Prior to that point, I subsisted solely on supermarket sawdust. Nowadays, I tend towards Japanese sencha, Chinese oolongs, and Darjeeling blacks.

Aside from drinking tea, common activities include: psychology research, browsing Wikipedia and Reddit, PC gaming, watching anime, lurking in IRC, hiking in the wilderness, nature photography, reading science fiction and fantasy literature, and engaging in futile philosophical discussions.

Ratings:
90-100: Exceptional. Must have.
80-89: Great. Will drink regularly.
70-79: Good. Will drink again.
60-69: Above average. Will drink.
50-59: Average. Won’t drink again.
0-49: Bad, by varying degrees. Won’t drink.

I don’t inflate my scores, and I have no brand loyalty. Average is 50, not 70.

United States