Profile: Liquor is a pale, clear beige. Aroma is a natural and exceptionally sweet floral bouquet of jasmine. Taste is similar, with sweet jasmine diffusing across the palate and an undertone of soft green tea grounding it. Aftertaste lingers pleasantly, revealing notes of honey and grapes. Mouthfeel is smooth and light, with no bitterness or astringency.

Other notes: The freshly steeped leaves are intoxicating. Breathe in deeply and a potent whiff of jasmine will greet you. Aroma is very much a part of this experience as the taste. The pearls are also a pleasure to watch unfurl.

Verdict: A complex and truly superior jasmine tea, and perhaps the best I’ve tried. There is a sweetness here that overshadows lesser teas, the floral aspect is not cloying or artificial, and the leaves themselves are clearly a cut above the typical quality, leaving no trace of astringency. If you seek this style of tea, I would currently recommend no other as highly.

I am a college student who spends inordinate amounts of time on the internet while sipping tea and savoring fine chocolates. My tastes are more refined than my wallet can afford.

Loose leaf tea has been an indulgence of mine since 2006, beginning with samples from Adagio and Upton Imports. Prior to that point, I subsisted solely on supermarket sawdust. Nowadays, I tend towards Japanese sencha, Chinese oolongs, and Darjeeling blacks.

Aside from drinking tea, common activities include: psychology research, browsing Wikipedia and Reddit, PC gaming, watching anime, lurking in IRC, hiking in the wilderness, nature photography, reading science fiction and fantasy literature, and engaging in futile philosophical discussions.

Ratings:
90-100: Exceptional. Must have.
80-89: Great. Will drink regularly.
70-79: Good. Will drink again.
60-69: Above average. Will drink.
50-59: Average. Won’t drink again.
0-49: Bad, by varying degrees. Won’t drink.

I don’t inflate my scores, and I have no brand loyalty. Average is 50, not 70.

United States