I bought this tea cause i wanted something to mix with my Thai mountain oolong. I love hibiscus tea and citrus so i had to give this one a try. Man does this tea taste great. It has a nice hibiscus floral notes with crisp refreshing citrus.

One thing about this tea though is that it taste better when cooler then warmer. It seems like the hotter the tea is the more overpowered the citrus taste and you don’t get to taste the hibiscus undertones.

How I brew it:
Since i put this in after my oolong is done brewing and the water temperature is lower then normal i brew it longer; I don’t like to brew two teas at the same times, especially when i want to reuse the base tea. For the moment I brew my teas in a glass tea press that holds about 28oz of water. Before I put in this tea I measured the water temperature to see how hot it stays at, which is about 155F.

There is one thing though about the flavor that nobody eles has mentioned. Being a Floridian i know my citrus flavors. I would not describe the flavor as orange, but more a grapefruit flavor. Almost like the kind of grapefruit that gets to be about the size of a small (pretty small) soccer ball and has no bitterness to it. So if you are looking for a strong mandarin orange like flavor, you will be disappointed.

Water Temp: 150-160F
Steep Time: 10 minuets
Tea Base: Thai Moutain Oolong (Teavana)
Sweetener: 1/2 TBL of light Agave OR preferably Orange Blossom honey.

P.S. I have not brewed this tea on it’s own yet. I have ordered some more and will give another review of this tea when steeped with no other base teas.

160 °F / 71 °C 8 min or more

I have been drinking and makeing tea for me and my mom for most of my life and have been starting to get into loose teas.

I like fruity, spicy, strong teas, Chai’s, Black, and Rooibos. I have recently been trying and getting into Oolongs…

Just love it and might keep as a staple
Really liked it, and makes a above average cup
Is good, but might not have a lot of complexity or wow factor. Is pretty average
It’s ok, but not great. Might need added ingredients or tweaking, and is below average.
Would only if nothing else was available. Would not recommend to someone.
Below 50