drank Black Pearl Tea by Lipton

Story Time: Ugh, why can’t formatting a computer be like how it was in the old days, simple and easy. Now it is more touchy and complicated. Back-story: I have had my Dell XPS for about 2 years and love it. I had to save up for two years to get it, but it was worth it. Lately it has been kinda acting up and would randomly go to black screen; which is bad when you are doing graphic design work. First I tried to just re-load the system, since that always fixes most Microsoft problems. However, I stupidly let it try to download and install ALL the updates… I should have known better. It was really derpy and could not get it to behave no matter the trouble shooting. So seeing how that wasn’t going to work and I really needed to back up my files, I decided a full format was in-order. After about 6 DVD disks later my files are backed up. Now I just got to go back and reload the OS FROM THE DISK. Tried to do it just from the desktop, but it didn’t want to cooperate. Hopefully I can at least be back online by tomorrow.

Tea Time: Going back through my Lipton tea pyramids to use up I decided to give Black Pearl a try. I was a little hesitant do to the reviews, but I decided to give it a shot. When it was finally done and pour it over ice i was surprised. Obviously it is not the best tea, but it tasted pretty good. It made a really dark red liquor and smelled like most bagged Lipton tea. The taste was your classic single note Lipton taste, but slightly… very slightly more complex. It was malty with a slightly sweet and bitter aftertaste, but not unpleasant. Of course that could be the light agave I use to sweeten it. I might try a darker agave next. I only wished I had some lemons to squeeze into it.

Overall I was please with it, and so was my mom. I will make a separate taste note for a regular hot water brew. I do though want to do a taste test comparison with regular Lipton bags and Luzianne tea to find out which one makes the best black sun tea.

Temp: Hot summer day
Water: about 64 ounces
Bags: 6
Time: 2 1/2 hours
Liquor color: http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p499/Ze_Teamaker409/?action=view&current=2012-07-09144950.jpg

140 °F / 60 °C 8 min or more

I have been drinking and makeing tea for me and my mom for most of my life and have been starting to get into loose teas.

I like fruity, spicy, strong teas, Chai’s, Black, and Rooibos. I have recently been trying and getting into Oolongs…

Just love it and might keep as a staple
Really liked it, and makes a above average cup
Is good, but might not have a lot of complexity or wow factor. Is pretty average
It’s ok, but not great. Might need added ingredients or tweaking, and is below average.
Would only if nothing else was available. Would not recommend to someone.
Below 50