drank My Morning Mate by Teavana

Decided to give this one another try the other day. This time I used a little more tea and it was first brewed with hotter water. I also used some 3rd steep Copper Hogcha (Teavana) to add just a tad bit of black tea flavor under it.

I was more satisfied then I was when I first tried to brew it. The liquor looks like a lightly roasted coffee brew; and taste like it to. It had a much stronger coffee bean and hazelnut flavoring with a bit of cocoa and nutty undertones. I didn’t taste really any of the citrus though that is in it and wonder how much this differs from Mate’vana (Teavana).

I don’t hate it, by any means. As someone who also likes to drink coffee(medium roast with H&H)I found it to be kinda of like a wanna be. It is a tea that when it was younger always wished it was coffee and tried it’s best to become it, but will never be coffee. I can see though how this would be great for people who can’t drink coffee or don’t like the bitterness, but still want a coffee like flavor; and for that this tea is perfect.

Overall I would recommend this tea for someone who likes coffee flavor, but not the jitters or bitterness.

Specifics
Water: 28 oz
Amount: 3 tsp
Base teas: 3rd steep Copper Hogcha
Steep: 3 minuets by it’s self and 3 minuets with the Hogcha.
Teapot: Glass

I have been drinking and makeing tea for me and my mom for most of my life and have been starting to get into loose teas.

I like fruity, spicy, strong teas, Chai’s, Black, and Rooibos. I have recently been trying and getting into Oolongs…

90-100
Just love it and might keep as a staple
80-90
Really liked it, and makes a above average cup
70-80
Is good, but might not have a lot of complexity or wow factor. Is pretty average
60-70
It’s ok, but not great. Might need added ingredients or tweaking, and is below average.
50-60
Would only if nothing else was available. Would not recommend to someone.
Below 50