drank Pumpkin Chai by DAVIDsTEA

Story Time:I really need to find time for stuff. Guitar, hanging with friends, school work, ect. I just can’t wait till the house is back to normal. I think that will help tremendously.

Tea Time:I can’t believe how fast my order got to me; and for 5 bucks! I think I put in for it on Thursday and I got it on Monday! I just love the cut little orange tin too!

Ok, one problem that I have found with this tea is that it can be a bit weak and washy. However when I add in the pumpkin cream from Culinary tea’s it is awesome.

Normally I do a normal pot brew, but after reading how everyone said it was way better brewed chai style I decided to give it a try. I did 4 cups water with half a cinnamon stick in it and brought it to a boil. Then put it on low and threw in 5 tsp of leaf in and brewed it for 5 minuets. Then I strained the leaves into a pitcher and sweeten it with brown sugar. I did not add milk or cream.

I am starting to think that you can’t drink tea done chai style with out milk or cream. When I drank it it tasted strong, but in a unpleasing way. Almost more like it was concentrated or something. There was also an odd bite to it. Not astringency, but just a weird bite. I tried to make home made black chai yesterday and ran into a similar problem. However, I thought I used to much spice and should just use less spice if I am going to drink it with out creamer. I now think otherwise.

I drank my cup, but got a upset stomach. I think from know on if I am going drink chai strait, I should just stick to the tea pot.

I have a sample waiting to be tried. I’ll probably have to try it chai style.

I have a sample waiting to be tried. I’ll probably have to try it chai style.

I have been drinking and makeing tea for me and my mom for most of my life and have been starting to get into loose teas.

I like fruity, spicy, strong teas, Chai’s, Black, and Rooibos. I have recently been trying and getting into Oolongs…

Just love it and might keep as a staple
Really liked it, and makes a above average cup
Is good, but might not have a lot of complexity or wow factor. Is pretty average
It’s ok, but not great. Might need added ingredients or tweaking, and is below average.
Would only if nothing else was available. Would not recommend to someone.
Below 50