drank Azteca Fire by Teavana

SIP DOWN!!!!

This little bit left has been around in my cupboard for a while now at least I can get rid of it to put my Yu Lu Lan Cha tea in.

Ok the last time I tried to spice this tea, I ended up burning the back of my throat…… to much red pepper flakes to blame.

Then when I tried it again with added red pepper flakes, it didn’t even register. This time I think I got a lot closer. It was about a pinch and a half of red pepper flakes.

Also I used almond milk which was put into the microwave for 30 secs. I don’t like trying warm up milk or H&H cause I am afraid of it curdling. Also I am starting to like mix it in my drinks. It is more flavorful then milk.

Also to revup the chocolate I put in a square of Lindt chili chocolate….. it’s spicy you see.

So after much trail and error I finally got a decent brew from this tea. The strawberry doesn’t get pushed to the side and shines through the chocolate. The red pepper flakes add a nice heat and tinge in the mouth, mostly on the back of the throat, but in a good way; not like last time. After drinking the whole cup my mouth has a nice warming and numbing to it….. hmmmmm.

Any ways on to the rating I give a eh. It is really just watery chocolate strawberry; plus you have to add stuff to get any heat. There are a lot of spicy hot chocolate recipes out there. You could probably make your own mix with a strawberry tisain and mix in chocolate chips and pepper your self that would be better and cheaper.

Specifics

Pot: Porcelain
Water: 8oz
Almond Milk: 4oz ish heated
Additives: pinch and a half of red pepper flakes, and one square of lindt dark chocolate
Sweetner: Not needed.

I have been drinking and makeing tea for me and my mom for most of my life and have been starting to get into loose teas.

I like fruity, spicy, strong teas, Chai’s, Black, and Rooibos. I have recently been trying and getting into Oolongs…

90-100
Just love it and might keep as a staple
80-90
Really liked it, and makes a above average cup
70-80
Is good, but might not have a lot of complexity or wow factor. Is pretty average
60-70
It’s ok, but not great. Might need added ingredients or tweaking, and is below average.
50-60
Would only if nothing else was available. Would not recommend to someone.
Below 50