Another sample pack is gond; well there is 2 grams left, but I am not counting it.

This is a nice pu-er. It didn’t have that salty fish smell that some shu can have. Also after lots of infusions, lets say 10, the 5g piece that I put in my teapot was only slightly broken apart. Also man can this tea steep. After tons of gonfu infusions, I did a 1 minuet western style brew and it was still full of flavor.

As for the flavor, it wasn’t a mondo amount of earthy flavor. It was kinda like a mix of black tea with a hint of pu-er earthiness to let you know it is a pu-er. The earlier steepings were more musty spice but the later ones had nice ceder wood flavor and tingle.

Overall I would recommend this tea to people who are on the fence about pu-er or are new to it.

Pot: porcelain
Water: 4-5oz & one 8oz steep
leaf: 5g
sweetener: no
Gonfu Infusions between 6-10 seconds

205 °F / 96 °C

I have been drinking and makeing tea for me and my mom for most of my life and have been starting to get into loose teas.

I like fruity, spicy, strong teas, Chai’s, Black, and Rooibos. I have recently been trying and getting into Oolongs…

Just love it and might keep as a staple
Really liked it, and makes a above average cup
Is good, but might not have a lot of complexity or wow factor. Is pretty average
It’s ok, but not great. Might need added ingredients or tweaking, and is below average.
Would only if nothing else was available. Would not recommend to someone.
Below 50