drank Chance Combinations by Custom

I have been craving star anise seed for some reason….. also tartness. I decided to make Yu Lu Lan Cha western with a single star anise and two medium pieces of hibiscus. Made 4 steeps and combined them and put in 3 spoon fulls of light agave nectar. Warm the a anise see was strong, a little too much. I will use a smaller one next time. When it cooled a bit the hibiscus showed through more with a nice tartness. Iced this is even better….. or slushi that is. I left it to long in the freezer. The added herbs are more balance and the roasty chocolaty tea shines through.

Overall very good. I like how the tart hibiscus helps cut the spicy licorice flavor of the anise. Might try it again.

I have been drinking and makeing tea for me and my mom for most of my life and have been starting to get into loose teas.

I like fruity, spicy, strong teas, Chai’s, Black, and Rooibos. I have recently been trying and getting into Oolongs…

Just love it and might keep as a staple
Really liked it, and makes a above average cup
Is good, but might not have a lot of complexity or wow factor. Is pretty average
It’s ok, but not great. Might need added ingredients or tweaking, and is below average.
Would only if nothing else was available. Would not recommend to someone.
Below 50