drank Big Apple by DAVIDsTEA

This is the 2nd time I have tried my free sample from DT. The first time I was dumb and fallowed the instructions on the pack…… never again.

Ok the dry leaf of this smells EXACTLY like Jelly Belly beans green apple with a hint of carmal. The wet brew smells similar as well. I have to say though, I am not digging this tea. The little bit of the tea base that pops through is ok, but I get this astringency from it; though I didn’t brew it in a glass tea pot and stuff. The flavor unsweeten is ok. It has a weird sour note, and just taste fakey though due to the artificial flavoring. Usually I am not too sensitive to artificial stuff but it seems in my tea I notice it more; seems black tea’s pull them off better. The flavor just isn’t working. When I added a spot of sweetener it helped pull the flavor together better, but it was still meh.

I kinda wonder why they used artificial flavoring for apple. I mean white and green teas can already taste crisp and sweet. If they just kept the dehydrated apple pieces and used natural flavoring it would taste more like a real apple.

Overall I don’t like this tea. It just taste fakey and ick. I am not rating due to the lack of water temp measuring and playing around with it, but if I was going to rate it I would give it a 50 or lower

I have been drinking and makeing tea for me and my mom for most of my life and have been starting to get into loose teas.

I like fruity, spicy, strong teas, Chai’s, Black, and Rooibos. I have recently been trying and getting into Oolongs…

Just love it and might keep as a staple
Really liked it, and makes a above average cup
Is good, but might not have a lot of complexity or wow factor. Is pretty average
It’s ok, but not great. Might need added ingredients or tweaking, and is below average.
Would only if nothing else was available. Would not recommend to someone.
Below 50