It’s overcast and misty here, so not too hot for tea, and after jumping on the jasmine oolong bandwagon I have a little momentum going. Thought I’d give this a try, from the Adagio oolong sampler.

I quite like oolong and I quite like darjeeling so this sounded really interesting to me. I steeped according to the directions on the sample tin.

I get a strong, sharp fragrance from the dry leaves — a little like champagne. Hard to say whether the oolong or the darjeeling smell predominates. The leaves are a pretty mix ranging in color from almost black to pearly. The tea liquor is crystal clear and a peachy orange-brown.

Maybe I’m out of practice, maybe I didn’t use enough leaf, or maybe my sample’s a bit too old, but I don’t get the spices and complexity others have described. Instead I get an interesting sensation of having a see-saw on my tongue, with flavor swinging to something like a Formosa oolong with an aftertaste of tangy butter to a more musty, winey darjeeling flavor. I give it extra points for interesting, and for potential user error.

ashmanra

I am loving jasmine more and more. I can hardly wait for Silver Jasmine Green to go on sale tomorrow at Teavivre. I even programmed it in my calendar so I can’t forget.

__Morgana__

This one isn’t a jasmine. Sorry if my statement was confusing. I meant that after drinking the jasmine oolong last night, it was that much easier to keep tea tasting after having been away from it for a while. That old addiction slippery slope, you know. Once you get started, it’s easier to keep going than to stop. ;-)

ashmanra

Oh, yes, I know, but I saw the word jasmine and I have drooling for that Silver Jasmine ever since I drank it last week, so naturally my mind jumped straight to, “I GET TO ORDER MORE JASMINE TOMORROW!” LOL!

__Morgana__

Jasmine on the brain! I so totally get it. Hmmm…. is it too late for something jasmine? Yeah, probably, I don’t think I have any jasmine decaf (is there such a thing)?

Comments

ashmanra

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California