Really surprised that I haven’t written a note on this before. Finishing it up tonight with the fam, and with it the entire Adagio honeybush sampler. Yay for the sipdown.

As the flavored honeybushes went, this one was pretty good. The apricot flavor masked any woodiness, and worked really well with the natural honey to add some sweetness to the taste. The apricot is subtle, but present, which is nice. If it wasn’t subtle it would risk heading toward artificial. But what I like best about it is the mouthfeel. It’s very soft to the mouth, balmy almost, and really soothing to the sore place I’ve developed as a result of this virus.

I’m having a lot of fun introducing my sons, 7 and 9, to the decaffeinated infusions, and the older one professes to love this one. The younger one fell asleep before he could give it a try. ;-)

TheTeaFairy

I love soothing teas when under the weather…hope it makes you feel better. I think involving kids with infusions is awesome! I started doing it with my 3 year old nephew and he’s fascinated with watching me prepare fruity blends, and he thinks blowing on it to make it cool down is hilarious :-)

__Morgana__

Wow, 3 years old! Awesome! My kids had rather unrefined palates at 3 (see previous mac and cheese discussion). The older one was a functional vegetarian and really ate only cheese, mac and cheese, eggs and avocados for the longest time, which is odd because when pregnant with him I craved steak and hamburgers. But they’re both now to the point where they’re curious about tea which has made it quite fun. I’ll have to bring out some fruit blends and get them going on those.

TheTeaFairy

Yes he’s so curious, and he always wants to drink whatever I’m having. He loves everything fruity so I brewed some Youthberry / Wild Orange Blossom Blend from Teavana (the only Teavana tea I keep now just for him) and he loved it! I always add maple syrup or honey in his cup though., so much healthier than KoolAid!
Lol at your kid’s functional vegetarianism :-)

Comments

TheTeaFairy

__Morgana__

TheTeaFairy

Lol at your kid’s functional vegetarianism :-)

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California