drank White Tropics by Adagio Teas

A sipdown. Made a big pot to use it up because after trying the other Adagio flavored whites, this is definitely my least favorite. As it suffers by comparison, I’m lowering the rating some.

The BF likes it though, and since I’m working from home today, I am planning to do a lot of sharing. ;-)

I steeped this shorter this time, 2.5 minutes, which did improve the flavor. It takes the edge off the very, very sweet, to the point of cloying, flavoring.

The main issue I have with the flavor is that it seems more like a generic, sugar syrup has been added to this than anything else. Yes, I do get an aroma and some taste of very sweet coconut, and a very small hint of pineapple, but the sugar water flavor is primary. And unfortunately, at least for me, it’s the flavoring attempt to make it more than a generic sweetness that doesn’t succeed.

At a shorter steep time, it’s at least not doing a number on my stomach. After the initial, longer steep, not only did I feel as though I had a rock in my stomach for a while afterward, the aroma stuck with me much longer than it had any business doing, and made me have some bouts of queasiness for the remainder of the day.

TheTeaFairy

This one doesn’t sound too good, eh? Good that you can pass it along to the BF. (Second hand tea)

__Morgana__

Yeah, it’s kind of a jack sprat thing with us. He’s never met something sweet or spicy he doesn’t like, and I tend to prefer subtlety. So it works!

Comments

TheTeaFairy

__Morgana__

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California