drank Gyokuro by Adagio Teas

The Saturday sipdown idea sounds really fun. If I’d had the presence of mind to realize people were doing that I’d have tried to get a few containers and samples in a position to be sipped down so I could join in the fun. As it is, I have one known sipdown coming later today but nothing else on the horizon unless I use some of my single serving samples, which I might just decide to do.

I’m not yet in sipdown position with this, though I feel the need to get myself there soon as this sample is now quite old for a green. Nevertheless, and somewhat surprisingly, it’s pretty much living up to the original note I wrote when it was quite fresh. I have to believe it’s a bit faded from when it was young, but honestly it’s all there-the sweet/bitter, the milky mouth feel, the green, chlorophyll-fresh flavor. A really nice early afternoon tea experience.

Every time I have greens of any sort, I tend to like them better than I like the idea of them. If I had a deep pocket and wasn’t a radioactivity-phobe, I could really become a gyokuro junky, I think.

TheTeaFairy

Lol, radioactivity-phobe ,I have that concern as well, just can’t help it…how sure can one really be?

TheTeaFairy

Hey, Morgana, I’ve been here 3 years, you seem to have been around longer, Do you happen to know who invented the word sipdown on Steepster? I thought it might be TeaEqualsBliss or Sil. Will have to ask Sil, she sure uses it a lot, the most active sipdowner here! If you read this Sil let us know :-)

__Morgana__

I can’t help it either, though sometimes when I think about it I feel silly. I mean, Taiwan and China are pretty close to Japan, so am I really safe if I drink only Chinese tea? And shouldn’t I be more worried about pesticides, lead, etc.? There’s something about radioactivity that just pushes my buttons in a way other hazards of contemporary life don’t for whatever reason.

it wasn’t me! It was around when i got here…i just embrace it! :)

__Morgana__

Hey TF, I don’t know who invented the term. I do remember much earlier the term “de-cupboarding” being used for sort of the same thing, though I only use it when I’m actually removing something from my Steepster cupboard. Sipdown seems more versatile because it can be used for something that never even made it into the cupboard. ;-) Hat’s off to whoever came up with it, though.

Morgana, exactly!!!

Sil, thanks for the info, though I’m sure when time comes to add this to the dictionary (cause they will!) your face will be next to it. It will be referred to as a «silaism» , haha!

__Morgana__

Oh, and I think Angrboda may have invented “de-cupboarding” but I’m not 100% sure I’m remembering correctly.

TheTeaFairy

De-cupboarding is what I need alright! I’m going through «cup-hoarding» phase right now…

Comments

TheTeaFairy

__Morgana__

it wasn’t me! It was around when i got here…i just embrace it! :)

Morgana, exactly!!!

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California