drank Snowbud by Adagio Teas

Hoookay. This is the 400th tea I’ve written a note about!

Four years ago I wouldn’t have thought there were that many tea options in the world. Now I know I’ve merely scratched the surface. It’s a humbling experience.

This is another in the Adagio white sampler. Pretty sure I tasted the Silver Needle a while ago and thought I’d drunk it all because I misplaced the tin (I’ve now found it). And there was a jasmine silver needle as well-but I now can’t locate that one, which is a shame because it seems to be the one everyone on Steepster likes most of this group. I hope it will turn up. The perils of having too much tea.

I am starting with the Adagio preferred speed and feed… I mean time and temp. But because I skimmed through a few of the other notes before trying this, I’m going heavy on the leaf, as that seems to be the consensus for max flavor.

Pretty, silvery green leaves. A lighter aroma in the sample tin than the White Symphony, but with some of the same characteristics. A sweet, not quite green, not quite oolongy fragrance but with a slight sharpness that does remind me of oolong.

I got a very very light green tint to the water after steeping. The aroma is very subtle, almost like the aroma of a very very light black tea. A sort of blunted sharp edge to it.

The flavor isn’t coming through very noticeably for me. It’s far lighter than the other Adagio whites. It’s almost like a very, very dilute sweet melon flavor over the surface. Though if I try really hard, I think I can make out the woody note others have described. It is very very mild, though, just a suggestion under the surface flavor.

I’m rating it the same as the White Symphony, which had a louder, more accessible flavor, but which lacks the subtlety of this one. This is a bit like eating a very clean snowball; it would be the kind of thing I’d enjoy drinking after a massage.

TheTeaFairy

I wrote a comment but Steepster ate it, so here it is again:
Woot! congrats, 400 is awesome!!!
And this is a lovely review :-)

VariaTEA

Congrats on 400!!

boychik

wow, i think you can publish them. Congrats!

__Morgana__

Thanks so much TF and VT! I see I’m coming up on 550 notes as well. What fun!

And thanks boychick!

caile

That is a lovely 400th review!!
I want to make some snowballs now!

caile

Oops, I mean 400th tea, not review. ;-)

Thanks, Caile!