drank Lemon Drop Cooler by 52teas

Once upon a time, I was searching for the perfect lemon blend. It has been a while, and I don’t really recall how the things I tried on that search tasted. I’ve read back over my notes and I see that some were disappointing and some were quite good.

Apparently, I didn’t get around to trying this one and I wish I had.

I can’t now remember where this would rate among the others I’ve tried so I sort of have to start over, but damn, it’s a GREAT lemon, even given its age. The sad part is that I checked the 52 Teas site and it’s, of course, long gone.

In the package, the lemon smell is divine. Rich, sweet, tart, no bitterness, and the honeybush is definitely in the background.

After steeping, it’s a milder smell, but retains the character it had before steeping. The flavor is a really nice lemon. Not bitter, like some I’ve tasted, not too tart. Just when I thought it might take a tart turn, the sweetness would come back. And I am not even aware of the honeybush.

I can only imagine what this was like in its prime. I wish I’d gotten to taste it then and stocked up!

Yvonne

This sounds like you wouldn’t even need any sweeteners – delicious.

__Morgana__

No, I am drinking it straight up and it’s sweet enough as is!

Yvonne

I think the last time I had honeybush (Honey Bee by DT) I made the mistake of adding sweetener, and it was awfully, awfully sweet…
That reminds me, I need to remake that one sometime.

TheTeaFairy

Sounds great! Ah! Lemon…i personally stopped buying lemon flavoured teas…dunno what I’m looking for exactly, maybe it’s unachievable, but I never seem to get it. Too bad, love anything and everything else lemon…

Comments

Yvonne

This sounds like you wouldn’t even need any sweeteners – delicious.

__Morgana__

No, I am drinking it straight up and it’s sweet enough as is!

Yvonne

That reminds me, I need to remake that one sometime.

TheTeaFairy

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California