drank Champagne Rosé by Lupicia

Sipdown no. 24 for the year 2014. I’ve vaulted ahead of the one per day average! OK, that’s an exaggeration. More like I’ve taken a baby step ahead. Lol.

What to do, what to do. Just the other day, I tried Carol, which was also a Lupicia Strawberry, so I thought I’d try this—also a single teabag in my work stash. And now, dammit, I want ALL THE STRAWBERRY TEA. Ugh.

This one smells really good in the bag, the same sweet strawberry smell as the Carol had, minus the vanilla and plus… well, it’s supposed to be plus champagne, but to me it’s not really that so much as a whiff of Orange Fanta, which sounds terrible, but is really quite delightful when mixed with the strawberry. The liquor is a lovely mahogany color.

I think perhaps I like the Carol slightly better, but only slightly. The vanilla in the Carol makes for a very smooth, mellow strawberry. The strawberry in this one has a brighter taste. Although the tea obviously isn’t bubbly like actual champagne, there’s an impression of effervescence that’s hard to describe. How the heck did they do that? I’m not really tasting champagne though, or perhaps I am but I’m confusing it with something else because I tend to drink champagne that’s rather dry?

Still, I want to drink more of this and try to pin the tail on the champagne. If I do, I’ll bump the rating.

Yvonne

Strawberry vanilla sounds really good to me right now….mmm…

Comments

Yvonne

Strawberry vanilla sounds really good to me right now….mmm…

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California