Sipdown no. 26 for the year 2014. I forgot how much I loved this.

In looking back at my first note, I believe I was chintzy with the rating. Particularly after now having tasted many other chocolate teas, some of which were much too subtle with their chocolate flavor for my taste (I’m not naming any names but it starts with a K and ends with an i). This is a really stellar example of a chocolate tea in my book. No other flavors, just chocolate, and a very chocolatey chocolate at that. (Even given the age of the sample, which was open though ziplocked!) Bumping the rating accordingly.

Yvonne

I wish I could find this one!

__Morgana__

Looks like it is still available from the Harney web site.

VariaTEA

Harney really seems to have nailed the chocolate flavor tea. Personally, I have never tried this but I have had Florence and SoHo and both have great chocolate tastes.

sherapop

Great work on the sip downs! I need to emulate you! ;-)

__Morgana__

VT, yes—I think it’s the same chocolate that’s in Florence but without the hazlenut. Sherapop, thanks! I’m working hard. :-)

Comments

Yvonne

I wish I could find this one!

__Morgana__

Looks like it is still available from the Harney web site.

VariaTEA

sherapop

Great work on the sip downs! I need to emulate you! ;-)

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California