drank Jasmine Green Tea by Kusmi Tea

Tried this again today when I could pay a bit more attention. No. 1 wanted to try it so I gave him some. He quite likes it. The BF does as well, though he’s not much of a sophisticate when it comes to tea and his compliment was a bit backhanded (“tastes like Chinese restaurant tea-it’s nice”).

I like it as well. The jasmine has a freshness to it and a wonderful aroma. The floral notes are predominant in the taste as well. It’s not at all bitter. There’s nothing off-putting about it.

If I have one main complaint about this tea, it’s that I don’t really taste the tea while the tea is hot. Usually with Chinese jasmine greens, I get a sweet, buttery green tea taste along with the jasmine. I feel as though the tea flavor just starts to peek out as the tea cools.

I honestly don’t have a clear memory of other jasmine greens I’ve had in the past that I would say are that much more awesome than this, but I know I’ve had some that had a different balance between the floral scent and the tea itself. I’m going to give this a provisional rating that may change as I refresh my memory. The number reflects the really wonderful jasmine but lack of green tea taste.

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California