drank Rose Scented by Harney & Sons

Sipdown no. 38 of 2014. This may be so long for now, but it isn’t goodbye forever. I like this one too much for that to be true.

I barely had enough leaf left for the lowest Breville setting, which makes me wonder whether the last time I tasted this I overleafed some. I know from looking back at my note that I found the rose very strong, and perhaps that’s why.

Because this time, I didn’t find the rose too strong at all. Now, it is true my sample is old (but ziplocked in the sample packet and not subjected to indignities in storage), and it is also true that because there was so little of this left I may have gone a bit in the other direction and underleafed some. Even so, the aroma is a lovely rose with a mild, sweet black tea base, and the flavor is pretty much the same.

But I think that just means this is a versatile tea that can work both on the somewhat strong and somewhat weak side, and, I have to believe, in the perfect in between.

Bumping the rating some because however you slice it, this is a keeper.

boychik

i mix it with Queen Catherine 1:2

I’ll have to try that!

keychange

Would you like the rest of my rose scented? There’s a lot left, and it could use a good home.

__Morgana__

Awww, that is so kind of you. But I am really, really, in severe lock down and I can’t let any more tea into my house until I’ve made significantly more headway with the sipdown project. (If I don’t keep to it, I fear my BF will move all the tea to the curb when I’m not looking. ;-) If it is still available when I have, then I’ll be all over it.

keychange

It likely will be, as it’s being sipped at extremely slowly. You just give the word and it’s yours!

TheTeaFairy

Haha! ditto with the lock down! Those damn clicking fingers!!!!

Comments

boychik

i mix it with Queen Catherine 1:2

I’ll have to try that!

TheTeaFairy

Haha! ditto with the lock down! Those damn clicking fingers!!!!

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California