drank Snowbud by Adagio Teas

Sipdown no. 43 for the year 2014.

This is embarrassing.

I’ve concluded that my recent Adagio white tea sampler tastings may have all been fundamentally flawed by significant underleafing. I should know better. But somehow I let the convenience of the Breville take over when my brain should have been making the decisions.

I was reading the thread about volume vs. weight and what Dinosaura said about weight in relation to white tea made me go “oh crap.”

So for this one, I got out the scale. Turns out if I’d used a spoon instead I’d still be one pot away from a sipdown. I had just under two cups worth of tea by weight so I steeped this in 500ml of water.

The good news, such that it is, is that the underleafing in this case may not have made a lot of difference. The flavor of this one is so light that using a lot more tea doesn’t seem to have much impact. (It may still have affected some of the others though. Bah!)

Lesson learned.

what did it taste like?

__Morgana__

Lots of info about that in my various previous notes on this—too much to summarize here!

Kirkoneill1988

could you give me a link (url)? or would it be better if i searched for it :)

__Morgana__

If you click on the link in the name of the tea of a tasting note you’re reading, you will go to the page where all the notes on that tea are posted and you can read all the other notes someone has posted about that particular tea. I’m not sure it’s possible to link more specifically than that, but perhaps someone else knows.

Kirkoneill1988

oh, ill check it out sometime :)

Comments

Kirkoneill1988

what did it taste like?

Kirkoneill1988

could you give me a link (url)? or would it be better if i searched for it :)

Kirkoneill1988

oh, ill check it out sometime :)

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California