I am fairly sure I got this sample as part of a give away a few years ago here on Steepster in which I was the lucky recipient of a beautiful cast iron teapot from Georgia Tea Co. If memory serves there was a trivia contest involved and my lightning fast typing skilz served me much better than my actual tea knowledge, but in any case I knew enough to win. ;-) I believe this sample was one of a couple that accompanied my contest winnings.

I am wondering how it is that I haven’t tried it until now. The ingredients list alone is amazing. It’s like the Long Island Iced Tea of non-alcoholic beverages, the Heinz 57 of tea, insert your favorite metaphor here for a cornucopia of ingredients both tea and fruit. Whoa.

I’ve steeped mixed black and green teas before, but I don’t think I’ve steeped a mixed white and green. The suggested steeping time scared me a little—I worried that the green would go bitter. But fortunately, it didn’t!

The dry leaf has a light fruity smell, a little berry, a little grape, a little tropical. The steeped tea smells mostly like pineapple to me. It’s a light yellow color.

The taste is sweet, fruity, nectary. I expected the pineapple to predominate in the flavor because of the aroma, but it doesn’t. I can taste it, but I also get a softer flavor, likely the mango and papaya. I don’t really taste the other fruits as separate flavors, but they all combine into a nice, light fruit flavor that isn’t in the least cloying, bitter or anything else fruity whites and greens can sometimes be.

I noticed there’s jasmine in here from the ingredients list, and it’s a pretty strong flavor. I’d expect to smell or taste it taking over, but it doesn’t. In fact, I’m not really noticing it. If I didn’t know it was in here, I wouldn’t know it was in here if you know what I mean.

A really nicely balanced fruit flavor, with just a hint of tea peeking through in the aftertaste as a nutty roastiness.

180 °F / 82 °C 5 min, 0 sec 7 g 25 OZ / 750 ML
Kat_Maria

What a wonderful, informative note! I wish I could write mine like this… I think I am WAY too lazy :|

__Morgana__

I think it is far more likely that I’m just long-winded. ;-) But I’m glad you found it informative!

Comments

Kat_Maria

__Morgana__

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California