Tasting note no. 666. Cue Carl Orff’s Carmina Burana.

(The spooky Omen music starts at about 1:48 but you can knock yourself out and listen to the whole thing if you have an hour LOL.)

I had nothing with devil, diablo, diable, satan, lucifer, or such in the name so I decided to go the opposite direction, literally up rather than down. Hence the Temple of Heaven.

After I sampled this in my 31 flavor Golden Moon sampler I gave it a rating of 73 and added it to my order. It’s weird, though. Now I don’t think I’d order something unless I gave it a 75 or higher, and I’d probably only order a few teas ranked in the 70s as there are so many I’ve given more than 80 to.

But that’s easily solved on this one by bumping the rating a few points. I don’t have a lot to compare it to in the gunpowder sphere, but as a green tea, it’s a nice change from the lighter, more vegetal green teas I’ve been having lately. The smokiness, though light by Lapsang and even Keemun standards, is quite enjoyable on a rainy February evening.

I may regret drinking this at 9 p.m., but I was up against the 666 number and I didn’t see this as a first thing in the morning tea. Heh.

Night night all.

TheTeaFairy

Hahaha! Love the evil dramatic music reference…I have it in my ipod, I do put it on sometimes and my dog starts howling like a wolf, so funny! Miss the omen, I love the darkness, mwahahaha!

pyarkaaloo

hahahah on Carmina Burana ;p O Fortuna!

caile

Hahaha! Was waiting for this one, and that’s perfect! ;-)

Kamyria

ha ha ha…. awesome note with a dramatic note! :D

__Morgana__

Heh. It was fun to mix it up a bit. Glad you liked it. :-)

Cavocorax

LOL. This was great. I’m listening to it at work and it’s making my mundane office stuff far more dramatic! :D

mpierce87

Omg, I’m listening to this and it is tripping me out how dramatic my cats’ antics are with this playing. Love it!

__Morgana__

Love how the cats and dogs react to this—LOL!

Comments

TheTeaFairy

pyarkaaloo

hahahah on Carmina Burana ;p O Fortuna!

caile

Hahaha! Was waiting for this one, and that’s perfect! ;-)

Kamyria

ha ha ha…. awesome note with a dramatic note! :D

__Morgana__

Heh. It was fun to mix it up a bit. Glad you liked it. :-)

Cavocorax

mpierce87

__Morgana__

Love how the cats and dogs react to this—LOL!

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California