drank Ripe Mango Oolong by Lupicia

Sipdown no. 74 for the year 2014. A teabag from the work stash. (Oolong in a bag just seems weird to me because of leaf expansion and all.)

But wow. After yesterday’s not particularly successful vanilla oolong experience, this redeemed the flavored oolong genre for me.

This is a flavored oolong where I can actually taste the oolong, which is a green, buttery, floral one of the type I really enjoy. The mango, which was a strong fragrance before steeping, is much more of a team player in the aroma after steeping. I don’t find it to be overly strong in the flavor of the tea and in fact I’m not sure I would have identified it as mango, but some of that may have to do with the age of this teabag. There is a light, tropical fruit flavor though, and the mango becomes more pronounced in the finish and aftertaste.

Unfortunately, my water source at work is so far from my desk that I can’t easily do multiple steeps, but I’ve tasted enough to warrant giving this another try, if/when I come out of lockdown and order from Lupicia again.

Kat_Maria

Holy Mother of Sipdowns! You might not have any tea left soon! :D

__Morgana__

Kat, oh if only! LOL. Let’s talk when I hit 1000. ;-)

pyarkaaloo

you’re really killing it with the imbibition process!! happy sipping ;p

Comments

Kat_Maria

Holy Mother of Sipdowns! You might not have any tea left soon! :D

__Morgana__

Kat, oh if only! LOL. Let’s talk when I hit 1000. ;-)

pyarkaaloo

you’re really killing it with the imbibition process!! happy sipping ;p

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California