drank Berryblossom White by Tazo

Sipdown no. 75 for the year 2014. This is a big one.

I had a LOT of this because when I started out trying teas, I came upon some sale on Amazon that involved significant savings if you bought six boxes. I had no idea how long it would take me to drink six boxes, but it wouldn’t have taken me anywhere near this long if I’d stopped buying tea after that Amazon extravaganza. Of course I didn’t, and I just ended up with way more than any sane person should have.

By the way, embarrassingly, this was not the only Tazo tea I bought in that sale. I had a lot of Tazo for a long time. I still have some honeybush, the Lotus decaf, and the cinnamon licorice thing in quantity, but everything else has been pared down to a few bags here and there.

I would also note that the list of ingredients on the tea page are different from what is in my tea. Mine has the following, according to the packet and the box:

White tea, natural blueberry flavour and natural cranberry flavour

No huckleberries. No darjeeling! Which is weird, because I could have sworn I tasted the darjeeling in here and I even raved about it in a previous note. Damn confusing tea….

So either they changed the ingredients or they mislabeled my tea.

Whatever. I like it. It’s not planty, it’s got real flavor to it, and whatever the label says I wouldn’t be surprised if it has darjeeling in it because I’ve never seen a white tea steep this dark. It’s sort of a butterscotch color. (Perhaps it is white darjeeling?)

A poignant goodbye to a long-term cupboard occupant. Parting is such sweet sorrow.