drank Masala Chai by Adagio Teas

I have three samples left from the Adagio chai sampler—this, the thai chai and the spiced apple chai. I decided to try this first. I made it using the Samovar stovetop recipe and doubled the recipe to make a cup for the BF who I don’t think has ever tried chai.

It has been so long since I made chai that I’m going to have a hard time rating this because I don’t fully remember what my favorites taste like, and I’m really enjoying this for being chai more than for any specific taste-related reason.

I will say that this doesn’t list pepper as an ingredient, which I remember is a big chai requirement for me, but it tastes like it does have pepper. It has a really nice spicy kick which may be from the ginger root? I certainly taste the cinnamon, clove and cardamom.

I’m giving this a low excellent rating for now until I refresh my recollection about which chais I like and why.

BTW, I hit 75 sipdowns for 2014 and it was a big one, but my triumphant note got buried in the backlog from the dashboard freeze so I feel compelled to mention it again. LOL.

ETA: Make that four samples, or now 3.5 as I only have half of this left. I forgot to list the chocolate chai. It was hiding behind some oolong.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves

Boiling 8 min or more
Sami Kelsh

Yay! I find so many chais disappointing because they’re too sweet and not spicy enough. This is encouraging. nods

__Morgana__

Not too sweet—boiled in water and Splenda (then 1% milk) or could have been even less sweet.

Comments

Sami Kelsh

__Morgana__

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California